About the Rising Stars
Novel emerging infectious diseases are threatening public health. In this context, it is critical to support and nurture early career, well-trained virologists. As such, the GVN developed a training and mentoring program for the next generation of virologists as a part of its core mission. Through the Rising Star Program, the GVN will identify and support promising, early career investigators who will lead the field of infectious diseases, developing innovative diagnostic and interventional strategies to fight human pathogens.
- One Year, August 5, 2021- July 1, 2022
Who Can Apply?
- Ranking from Post-doctoral, Instructor, Assistant Professors, to Associate Professors in GVN Academic Centers
- Conducting research in a basic, medical, or veterinary virology
- Good track record of publications
Benefits of being a Rising Star
- Financial support to attend GVN meetings and other related meetings
- Opportunity to get training in grantsmanship
- Opportunity to identify research collaborators and strengthen research program and publications
How to Apply
- Nominations by a senior scientist from GVN Center or Self-nomination
- One Letter of recommendation
- A Personal statement
Please submit all the required document in one package with subject line: Applicant’s First and Last Name GVN Rising Star Mentorship Program and send to Mr. Marcus Gallo at [email protected].