Robert Koch-Institut Centre for International Health Protection (ZIG), Germany, Dr. Heinz Ellerbrok
- PCR Primer Diagnostics and Probes & Controls
- Test regions: Nigeria-CDC, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Namibia
- Rwanda and Namibia-Diagnostics Training and receive WHO coordination
- Further, we support WHO WPRO in Manila and WHO Headquarters in Geneva with deployment of personnel.
Broad Institute, Harvard, Boston, MA, Pardis Sabeti
- Ran 19 Genomes via ADAPT computational software for PCR and SHERLOCK guide design.
- Sensitive, species-specific, multi-plexed SHERLOCK assay guides for the 5 previously sequenced human associated corona viruses against 186 human associated viruses with genome sequence data
- Training: sequencing and bioinformatics with the MASS DPS. Participants from 9 states taking course
Wyss Institute at Harvard, Donald Ingber
- Engineered, SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirus. Collaborating with GVN (Number Centers/PIs)
- Covid-19 Human Lung Chip Model. Set-up Chip model in GVN Centers with technology purchase from Ingber’s company: emulate.bio.com. Proposes with BSL-4. Pseudovirus to study-capture agent FcMBL binds to Covid-19, efficiently; various other therapeutics. Testing to detect infection and viral entry-Airway Chips.
- Inhibition of viral entry (measured in this pseudovirus system) in Airway Chips, using multiple known and novel agents, including multiple FDA approved drugs were detected.
- Collaborate, Matthew Frieman, University of Maryland: installing Organ Chip instruments on his site, testing identified drugs and FcMBL capture technology.
Erica Saphire, La Jolla Institute of Immunology, La Jolla, California
- Funding: Gates, Wellcome and Mastercard
- mAB therapy clearinghouse for evaluation and delivery to determine IgG/IgM efficaciousness everywhere, including LDCs
DUKE-NUS, Singapore, Linfa Wang
- Obtained several isolates. Setting up non-human primate, (NHP) Models
- SARS cross-reactivity/contamination in diagnostics work and IgG/IgM S Protein-based Serology tracing to detect 2 of the clusters
- Data reveals SARS IgG/M does not neutralize COVID-19, but cross-reacts; therefore, ADE is more acute then in other countries.
- Collaborations with Dr. Paul Young, (University Queensland).
- Fecal sample confirms new transmission route