Mahidol Virus Network
Center Director: Professor Prasert Auewarakul
Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
Founded in 1888, the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital is the oldest medical school in Thailand and is ranked number 1 in the country. Offering state of the art facilities to staff and students alike, their excellent reputation is known internationally, having been ranked in the Time Higher Education and QS World University Ranking as number 3 in ASEAN and number 18 in Asia.
Since its establishment, Siriraj has been a paragon of quality medical practice, education, and research to other medical institutions, producing renowned medical practitioners, researchers, and instructors. Siriraj hospital aims to continuously improve their institution and their doors remain open to clinicians and researchers to produce quality research.
- Dr. Prasert Auewarakul
- Navin Horthongkham, Ph.D.
- Jaturong Sewatanon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kamol Suwannakarn, Ph.D.
- Chutikarn Chaimayo, M.D., Ph.
Dengue group at Siriraj
- Panisadee Avirutnan1,2, M.D., Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Chunya Puttikhunt3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Sansanee Noisakran3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Thaneeya (Duangchinda) Roytrakul3,4, DPhil. ([email protected])
- Sutha Sangiambut3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Bunpote Siridechadilok5, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Dumrong Mairiang3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Nuntaya Pornman1,2, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Kessiri Kongmanas1,2, Ph.D. (kess[email protected].th)
- Romchat Kraivong3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Napon Nilchan3,4, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Warangkana Chantima1,2, Ph.D. ([email protected])
- Wanwisa Dejnirattisai6, Ph.D.
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science, originally founded as a pre-medical school by Professor Dr. Stang Mongkolsuk in 1958, is one of the oldest and most distinguished institutes for post-graduate training and scientific research in Thailand and ASEAN. The faculty offers well-established B.Sc. programs and international graduate programs in multiple scientific disciplines, including 20 programs at the Masters’ and Ph.D. levels. The Faculty of Science is recognized for its commitment to research for international scientific advancement and national development, which have led to an outstanding academic atmosphere. The dedication to quality research allows staff to successfully compete for grants and receive numerous national and international accolade. The school emphasizes integration between teaching and research, and publication in world recognizes journal as a PhD graduation prerequisite, as well as most M.Sc. students. Currently, the department is hosting international students from ASEAN, South Asia, and Africa, university exchange programs from around the world, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), Universitas Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara (Indonesia), Universitas Airlangga Surabaya (Indonesia), and Kaohsiung Medical University (Taiwan). We are pursuing our 21st century mission in international training for microbiologists.
- Arunee Thitithanyanont
- Sukathida Ubol, Professor
- Tuksin Jearanaiwittayakul (Ph.D.)
- Sarin Chimnaronk (Ph.D.)
- Sarin Chimnaronk (Ph.D.)
- Pornsawan Leaungwutiwong, (PhD.)
- Punya Sunintaboon (Ph.D.)
Faculty of Medical Technology
Prof. Emer. Dr. Pilaipan Puthavathana, Asst. Prof. Dr. Hatairat Lerdsamran, and team at Faculty of Medical Technology work in close collaboration with Assoc. Prof. Dr. Witthawat Wiriyarat, Faculty of Veterinary Science on the theme of one health. We isolated several emerging viruses and used them as the test viruses in the seroepidemiological studies in human and animal populations to determine magnitudes of the outbreak situations. The team also carries out the molecular characterization of the virus isolates in collaboration with other institutes. To support the government and private sectors, Virology and Diagnostic laboratories at Faculty of Medical Technology play role in the evaluation of diagnostic reagents, medical devices, and assays for the anti-viral activities of several products. Some basic and applied research studies go along with these activities.