Vaccination can be the most efficient and effective measures in controlling the pandemics and save millions of lives. There are currently more than 60 COVID-19 vaccine candidates in clinical development and over 170 in pre-clinical development. The GVN is providing valuable information and resources for COVID-19 vaccines.
Spike Protein of SARS-CoV-2 for Vaccine Development
- Spike (S) protein plays the most important roles in viral attachment, fusion, and entry.
- Receptor binding domain (RBD) of the S protein binds to human ACE2 receptor.
- RBD is a target for induction of neutralizing antibodies.
- For current COVID-19 vaccine development, the spike protein is expressed by using various platforms to induce immune responses.
- CDC Guidelines: When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
- WHO Vaccines and immunization: Vaccine safety
- CDC Vaccines & Immunizations
- CDC Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- NIH Vaccines
- European Medicine Agency COVID-19 Vaccines
- Tracking COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration activities:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Johns Hopkins University