Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Vice President
Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Description: The Global Virus Network (GVN) seeks a Business Development Manager to assist in overseeing business development activities and expanding partnerships for the organization. Working with the President, Vice President, Program Director and other staff members, the Business Development Manager works to contact and develop relationships with partners and sponsors in creating grant programs, identifying potential sources of donations and tracking the progress of sponsorships, and to coordinate the establishment of partnerships within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare and hospitality industries.
This position will have a revenue target that will be measured for success as part of an annual performance review.
Partnerships & Sponsorships:
- Work with GVN’s President and Vice President, GVN Board members on outreach partnerships and collaborations.
- Oversee the development of GVN Corporate Partnership Program (CPP).
- Manage relationships with current, new and potential partners.
- Network, solicit, and follow up with donors, sponsors and vendors.
- Maintain current and potential partners database and records
- Research government funding programs
- Prepare and present detailed partnership proposals and agreements to prospective individuals.
- Coordinate activities to assure the proper level of cultivation and follow-up is applied in a donor/partner centric manner.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Assist in contacting corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential partnerships, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Evaluate new global health initiatives and identify the potential business partners
- Coordinate with GVN Global Health Task Force members to ensure meaningful ongoing support to the programs from business development standpoint.
- Other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree is a must. Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or related field.
- Experience and ability to work well under pressure as a team player
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement with a proactive approach
- Candidate with scientific background is a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
[email protected] with “Business Development Manager” in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.